Shipment Value Protection
Are you fully covered?Should something go wrong when you’re shipping cargo, the compensation to which you’re entitled is normally calculated against a ‘limited liability clause'.
Under limited liability, damaged or lost cargo is assessed by weight, not value. So in all likelihood, your compensation could be dramatically less than the commercial value of the goods.
Our solution for youFor a charge, SHIPMENT VALUE PROTECTION will cover your freight against loss or damage from any external cause. Flexible to meet your needs it can be arranged as follows:
- Ad-hoc Protection Policy: one-off cover for a specific shipment.
- Annual Protection Policy: protects all DHL Global Forwarding shipments over the course of a pre-defined period such as one year.
Why you should choose SHIPMENT VALUE PROTECTIONDHL Shipment Value Protection provides peace of mind and protection to DHL’s customers, in return for a charge.
During transportation by DHL and in case of an incident, it covers the freight value & transportation cost against physical loss or damage from any external cause.
- “All-risks” shipment value protection with comprehensive coverage that’s broader than the industry standard
- Competitive terms with no deductibles or excess
- Single or multiple shipment coverage
- Freight and shipment value protection billing on a single invoice
- Cover for high risk cargo and worldwide destinations including high risk locations
- We target a maximum 30 day claim resolution, quicker than our competitors
- Your claim is handled locally with personnel who speak the local language, and can settle in local currency