A. The money-back guarantee applies to DHL EXPRESS 9:00, DHL EXPRESS 10:30, DHL EXPRESS 12:00, DHL IMPORT EXPRESS 10:30, and DHL IMPORT EXPRESS 12:00 services.
B. The guarantee applies only to the transportation charges paid by U.S.-based payers. Therefore, the guarantee is for transportation costs only. This guarantee excludes all other charges, including, without limitation, fuel surcharge, fines, duties, taxes, levies, VAT, accessorial fees or other charges or amounts, and transportation charges resulting from returned shipments, which shall remain due and payable.
C. In the case of multiple piece shipments, this guarantee will apply to every piece in the shipment. If a late delivery occurs for any piece within the shipment, the refund or credit will be given for the portion of transportation charges applicable to the entire shipment.
D. The guarantee applies only to shipments where: (i) each package weighs no more than 66 pounds per piece or less for DHL EXPRESS 9:00, DHL EXPRESS 10:30 and DHL IMPORT EXPRESS 10:30, and 150 pounds piece or less for DHL EXPRESS 12:00 and DHL IMPORT EXPRESS 12:00; and (ii) no package is more than 118 inches in size (measured by adding length, width and depth) with no side greater than 47.2 inches.
E. Customer must notify DHL of any claim for late delivery, in writing or by telephone, within 14 calendar days of the shipment date and provide DHL with the account number (if any), the waybill number, the date of shipment, and complete receiver information. Within 30 calendar days after the customer notifies DHL, DHL shall respond either by:
- providing the customer with credit or refund *,
- providing the customer with information explaining the reason that the shipment is not eligible for the guarantee under the applicable limitations or exclusions, or
- providing the customer with evidence of timely delivery.
* If the customer has not yet paid for the shipment, compensation will be provided as a credit against the amount invoiced. If the customer has paid the invoice, a refund of the amount invoiced will be made in the form of a check.
F. If a customer has an extremely time-sensitive shipment, the loss or delay of which may result in consequential damages, the customer must contact his own insurance agent or broker to protect against such risks, as DHL does not assume such liabilities. DHL does not provide and will not arrange such protection.
G. The money-back guarantee does not apply to the following:
(1) The extra charges applicable to any additional optional service (e.g. customer requests a weekend pickup or delivery).
(2) Transportation charges resulting from returned packages.
(3) Space-available moves.
(4) Late delivery due to causes beyond DHL's control including, without limitation:
(i) customs delays,
(ii) customs inspections (including non DHL broker delays),
(iii) inaccurate or incomplete shipment information (such as P.O. Box for receiver address, missing or inaccurate receiver telephone number),
(iv) receiver’s request for delay,
(v) shipment diversion and special clearance services,
(vi) unavailability or refusal of the receiver to accept delivery or to pay duties and taxes against delivery if requested,
(vii) delays caused by acts of God (e.g. earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog etc.),
(viii) delays caused by acts of public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority of law,
(ix) acts, requirements or omissions of postal, customs or other government officials,
(x) riots, strikes or other labor disputes,
(xi) civil commotion,
(xii) disruption in air or ground transportation caused by weather or other conditions.
(5) Shipments exceeding US $2,500 in value, or which are subject to lengthened transit times due to country specific value limitations.
(6) Dangerous goods or hazardous materials except specimen and diagnostic shipments contained in Lab Pack medical shipment packaging.
(7) Shipments tendered to DHL after the latest pick-up time specified by us for guaranteed delivery.
(8) Temporary imports and exports.
H. The money-back guarantee applies to DHL third-country movements 9:00 and 12:00 services, i.e. shipments moving between two countries outside of the U.S., but billed in the U.S.
I. The quoted delivery commitment time for any package picked up or scheduled to be delivered between December 18 and December 24 is extended by 90 minutes.