Clearance Document: ATF Form 6 and 6A
Based on the descriptions of your shipment, it is possible that the goods fall under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives (ATF) as specified in 18 U.S.C. 925 and/or section 38 of the Arms in Export Control Act of 1976.
Customs and the ATF require an ATF Form 6 and 6A to import this shipment. This form grants permission from the ATF for you to import these goods that appear to be firearms, ammunition and/or implements of war.
Get Your Shipment Processed for Clearance
1 – DownloadDownload the ATF Form 6 and 6A and continue to the next step.
2 – Complete and SignBy following the tips below when completing your shipment documentation, you may experience a more expedited Customs clearance process:
- List each commodity separately with accurate descriptions
- Check for consistency across all documents
- Make sure documents are clearly written or typed
- Provide as much detailed information as possible including Country of Origin and applicable Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) codes
- Confirm that all associated costs are correct and the currency code is noted on the invoice
- Sign your full name as shown on the other shipping documents
- Zip all required documentation into a file 3MB or less and ready for upload prior to starting the next step
3 – Return to DHLFields marked with an asterisk(*) are required.
Please complete the following fields pertaining to the shipment and commodity.