Key Facts: United States
DHL specializes in providing customers with innovative and customized transportation solutions from a single source. We never stop thinking of ways to move items across borders more efficiently, cost-effectively and reliably.
- DHL was founded and established in the United States of America in 1969
- Employees: Over 5,600
- Vehicles: Over 2,500
- Service Centers: 89
- Hubs: 2 (CVG, MIA)
- Gateways: 3 (JFK, LAX, SFO)
- Service Point Locations: Over 4,000
- All DHL Hubs and gateways are certified by the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA).
- DHL Express U.S. voluntarily participates in Customs - Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT). As a member since 2003, DHL actively contributes to the security of U.S. borders and facilitates smooth international trade.
- DHL Express U.S. is part of the Certified Cargo Screening Program (CCSP) and currently operates seven certified screening locations at its U.S. Hubs and Gateways.
- In 2013, DHL Express was awarded global ISO 9001:2008 certification, confirming that it has met the requirements of the ISO standard for its Quality Management System across its worldwide operations. The ISO 9001:2008 certification is the world's most widely used and recognized quality management system standard.
- In 2011, DHL Express US unveiled an 80-vehicle fleet of 30 American-made, battery-powered electric vans and 50 hybrid trucks, which will work towards reducing carbon dioxide emissions by cutting down fossil fuel use by more than 50 percent each year. In 2012, the company also launched over 100 pickup and delivery vehicles fueled by clean, safe and economical propane autogas.
- 2013: DHL was voted #1 in its Industry in FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies List
- 2012: Gold Medal Winner for Best Large Contact Center (In-house) by Contact Center World
- 2012: Stevie Awards: Three Gold, two Silver, three Bronze awards for customer service excellence by American Business Awards
- 2011: Green Vanguard Award from NYCLHVCC for DHL’s commitment to implementing green technologies and efficiencies into its delivery fleet.
- 2011 President’s Award - 1st Annual Strategic Supplier Awards by Atlas Air Worldwide for “Exceptional Service and On-Time Delivery”
- Achieving Excellence Award
Awarded by John Deere
- Best International Courier Service
Awarded by Business Traveler Magazine (3 Years Running)
- Defense Quality Award for Superior Performance
Awarded by US Department of Defense
- Distribution Supplier of the Year
Awarded by Stryker Orthopaedics
- Great Package Race Winner
Awarded by Georgia Institute of Technology
- International Business Leadership Award
Awarded by Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Quest for Quality Award
Awarded by Logistics Management and Reed Research Group
- Top Green Supply Chain Partner for 2010
Awarded by Inbound Logistics
- Vendor of the Year Award
Awarded by Technicolor Cinema Distribution