Key Facts: United States
DHL specializes in providing customers with innovative and customized transportation solutions from a single source. We never stop thinking of ways to move items across borders more efficiently, cost-effectively and reliably.
- DHL was founded and established in the United States of America in 1969
- Employees: Over 6,000
- Vehicles: Over 4,100
- Service Centers: Over 100
- Hubs: 2 (CVG, MIA)
- Gateways: 2 (JFK, LAX)
- Service Point Locations: Approx. 6,700
- DHL Express Quality Control Centers (QCC) located in Cincinnati (US), East Midlands (UK), Leipzig (Germany) and Singapore (Singapore) monitor shipments to and from the United States on a real-time 24/7 basis. Using cutting-edge technology, the QCC centers proactively manage shipments from origin to destination, taking decisive action when necessary to ensure fast and secure delivery
- Demonstrating a commitment to service excellence, DHL Express has been awarded global ISO 9001:2008 certification (recertified in 2016), confirming it has met the requirements of the ISO standard for its Quality Management System across its worldwide operations
- Since 2003, DHL Express U.S. has been a member of the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), a voluntary initiative to improve international supply chain security
- DHL has more facilities with Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) certification than any other carrier. TAPA Certification is awarded for complying with the highest security standards. Approximately 300 DHL Express facilities around the globe have received TAPA certification, including all key North American hubs and gateways
- DHL is also a part of the Certified Cargo Screening Program (CCSP), a Transportation Security Administration endorsed program that enables cargo to be pre-screened. Both programs actively contribute to the security of U.S. borders and facilitate international trade
- 2017: DHL Express was certified for the third year in a row as a Top Employer in the United States – one of 23 countries in the Americas Region that received this distinction by the Top Employers Institute. DHL is also one of only 10 companies worldwide to earn the Institute’s Global Top Employer award.
- 2016: DHL Express was recognized in the U.S. for a fourth consecutive year with the SmartWay Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The award honors the company as an industry leader in freight supply-chain environmental performance and energy efficiency.
- 2016: DHL brought in top honors at the Annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service – winning awards in several categories and countries throughout its Americas Region. This includes five bronze, six silver and three gold awards presented to its U.S. Sales organization.
- 2015: DHL Express was awarded the U.S. EPA 2013 SmartWay Excellence Award for superior environmental performance and leadership.
- 2015: DHL in the U.S. was certified as a Top Employer in the United States – one of six countries in the Americas Region that received this distinction by the Top Employers Institute.
- 2015: DHL brought in top honors at the Annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service – winning awards in several categories and countries throughout its Americas Region. This includes nine bronze and silver awards presented to its U.S. Sales organization.
- 2014: DHL brought in top honors at the Annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service – winning 17 awards throughout its Americas Region including three bronze awards for Customer Service excellence in the U.S. and the most awards overall to DHL Globally.
- 2014: DHL was ranked for the first time on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s list of the National Top 100 users of green electric power
- 2014: At the Contact Center Awards, DHL Express U.S. was one of the top ranking performers this year, winning gold and bronze awards for Best Practices in the Americas
- 2014: Inbound Logistics magazine selected DHL as a Green Supply Chain Partner, making it one of the 75 leading companies their readers can turn to when seeking green supply chain management and logistics partners
- 2013: DHL was voted #1 in its industry by FORTUNE Magazine’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies
- 2013: DHL Express was awarded the U.S. EPA SmartWay Excellence Award for superior environmental performance and leadership
- 2013: DHL was voted #1 in its Industry in FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies List
- 2012: Gold Medal Winner for Best Large Contact Center (In-house) by Contact Center World
- 2012: Stevie Awards: Three Gold, two Silver, three Bronze awards for customer service excellence by American Business Awards
- 2011: Green Vanguard Award from NYCLHVCC for DHL’s commitment to implementing green technologies and efficiencies into its delivery fleet.
- 2011 President’s Award - 1st Annual Strategic Supplier Awards by Atlas Air Worldwide for “Exceptional Service and On-Time Delivery”